3 Stories That Prove Juicing Is The New “Cure All” Antibiotic
Mother nature, God’s medicine, a cure better than any antibiotic. The organic fountain of youth.
Juicing is great because your body doesn’t have to break down the food to process it. All the good stuff is immediately absorbed into your bloodstream making it the fastest method of nourishment.
1) About 2 years ago my body started shutting down on me. I was exhausted at work. My immune system was weak from working long hours during week days and trying to keep up an active social life on the weekends. I kept getting sinus infections and after a trip to the emergency room, a close call with bronchitis, and one too many doctor bills I decided to take matters into my own hands.
Tossing the prescription to the side I researched holistic home remedies to cure myself from my sinus infection. I looked up the antibiotics prescribed for sinus infections which most of the time would be amoxycillin or the z-pak (azithromycin). I learned everything I could about what causes sinus infections and how to prevent them. The strongest natural cure that was mentioned in mostly every article was garlic. Seemed simple enough so I decided to put it to the test. I started juicing vegetables that would help build my immune system to fight against any future illness and added garlic to the mix to kick this bad bacteria.
***Garlic’s antimicrobial action is comparable to that of standard antibiotics. It eats away at the bacteria that causes the common cold, sinus infections, and bronchitis. Anything that settles in your chest can be exterminated over time depending upon the severity of your illness by this herb.
I remember my first time using a juicer. I chopped up every vegetable in the fridge I could get my hands on: celery, beets, carrots, kale, spinach, ginger, garlic, and squeezed lime juice in to help it go down a little easier. I juiced about a coffee cup full. Not even 10 minutes after the ingredients hit me stronger than cuban coffee. It was as if I had just downed 3 shots of espresso. I had a burst of energy I had never felt before but unlike coffee no come down.
Just like you take an antibiotic once a day you have to juice daily and especially if you are just starting out or fighting against an illness.
After just 2 weeks of juicing I had cured myself of my sinus infection.
This was not my only issue. I also had chronic IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) and suffered from anemia which were also cured through juicing.
I took my illnesses into my own hands and made myself responsible for my health.
Through studying more about holistic approaches to a healthier lifestyle I came across colonics as an option to aid my IBS.
I learned more from Tanya, owner of A Touch From Heaven, about health than I had from any doctor or online source.
To cure my IBS I had to start taking a probiotic and digestive enzyme after every meal. This welcomed good bacteria back into my colon which not only helped cure my IBS but also helped get my immune system back to normal.
***Juicing Papaya, watermelon, apples, and pears also helps cure constipation naturally.
Did you know that 80% of your immune system is in your GI tract aka colon?
That’s right. The food you eat aids in your digestion, your immune system, your health. Food can be your medicine or your poison. Making sure you cut out processed food with preservatives and chemicals is CRUCIAL to your overall health and well being.
Don’t expect to learn this from your local physician.
2) My step dad is diabetic. He was recently diagnosed with throat cancer. After a successful surgery they cut out some lymph nodes, his tonsils, a fist and a half sized mass, and a nerve that touched it. They had him on a renal diet because his kidneys aren’t in good condition. After the surgery they tried to give him ice cream with high fructose corn syrup, milk, sugar, and artificial colors. High fructose corn syrup contributes both to diabetes and cancer. As repulsive as this was I realized I couldn’t be mad at the nurses nor the doctors for this. After all, the hospital is a business and they make money off of illness not health. Why not aid in what caused their misery in the first place. Maybe unbeknownst to them.
Now to be fair people are responsible for their own health and should be held accountable for what they put into their body. It’s up to us all to educate ourselves on everything we put into our body. It’s just unfortunate that hospitals do not follow an organic or healthy diet for patients. The meals served are not always going to be tailored to the patient.
Since the surgery I’ve been able to juice fruit and vegetables to help his recovery. After the surgery he was not able to eat any solid foods nor keep a whole lot down so it was imperative to get in the nutrients and vitamins needed through juicing. His health is improving and I am focused on strengthening his immune system and making sure nothing settles in his chest. The next step for him will be radiation treatments in which juicing will be even more important because a constant source of nutrients and vitamins will be pivotal for his recovery and over all well being.
3) The Cure All: a holistic approach to the common cold, flu, virus, chest congestion, allergies, sinuses. You name it! #1 go-to and best of all it’s tasty enough for the little ones. Ingredients: 18 cloves of garlic 10 lemons 15 mango leaves 1 full bottle of honey to make: Boil the above ingredients strain then add the honey. One spoon full in the AM & PM.
This simple yet potent mixture cured a WHOLE children’s home of a virus in 3 DAYS! The same children’s home I volunteered at last summer. The only legal refuge in Coban, Guatemala that houses 31 children ranging 3 to 23 years old saved from abuse, neglect, and malnutrition. The mother of the home said she learned of this natural remedy through the native people in the mountains of Coban.
One repetitive complaint I hear from most when this lifestyle is introduced as an option, “Eating organic is too expensive!” So are doctors.
Would you rather stay dependent on your antibiotics or cut your doctors visits in half pocketing all of the money you would spend on an annual sinus infection, cold, flu, or virus or avoid all of that through a healthier diet?! There are plenty of holistic alternatives and juicing I have personally found to be the most effective.
SUPER FOODS I JUICE FAITHFULLY
(I choose organic to avoid pesticides or contaminated fruit and veggies and it tastes better)
- Garlic: It’s antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal. You should be eating garlic every day. One of the best things about garlic is that bacteria, viruses, and yeast build up no resistance to it, unlike with synthetic antibiotics. Fights against bacterial infections that lead to colds, sinus infections, strep throat, and other viruses. You only need 1 or 2 cloves max per juice.
- Ginger: An anti-inflammatory, which makes it a valuable tool for pain relief. A natural cure for nausea, IBS, menstrual cramps, indigestion, acid reflux, fights cancer, and helps with blood circulation just to name a few. Best way to measure this is by cutting half a thumb size to juice. It’s spicy!
- Beets: If you are anemic or just need additional iron this is a great way to supplement that. This is also a great stamina booster wonderful to drink pre workout. Beets fight against cancer, inflammation, and blood clots. Be careful of juicing more than 1 or 2 beets a day due to high fiber content or you will suffer from what I like to call “the beet squeet”.
- Apples: This is great to throw in not only for taste but for weight loss. They fight cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and are a great alternative to caffeine for the morning pick me up. “Apples are one of the most pesticide-contaminated fruits there is, so if you’re planning to eat more apples, make them organic.”
- Kale: An excellent source of Magnesium which promotes a healthy immune system. Strengthens bones, helps with stress, constipation,
- Spinach: Also great for anyone who suffers anemia. It’s high iron content makes it a necessity. Spinach inhibits the intake of calcium meaning it’s great to eat this while taking a calcium supplement. I have replaced lettuce on my sandwiches or in my salads with spinach to incorporate more in my diet.
- Pears: Helps promote weight loss, fights against cancer, and boosts your metabolism and improves your heart health. Pears also taste great juiced.
- Carrots: Add this to sweeten your juice. Carrots aid in cancer, heart disease, vision, and brain health.
I like to sprinkle Cayenne pepper on the top of each juice to add that extra kick, clear my sinuses. It helps with allergies as well as juicing in cilantro.
Squeeze in lime juice to cover the taste and help it go down smoother if you’re a newbie.
Lastly, check out this awesome site EWG <– it calculates on a simple scale from 1 to 10 all the products in your pantry from best to worst. Their criteria is based on Nutrition, Ingredients, and Processing. Prepare to be blown away.